- categories of personal information collected by the website;
The Midlands Diving Chamber (MDC) values your information and we keep it secured on your behalf in accordance to strict guidelines. We may collect and process the following data about you, some of which will include "personal data" and/or "sensitive personal data" as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended (the "Act"):
- information you provide us when you make contact, including your name and contact details and the name and contact details of any Patient (if you are not the Patient), we may also ask you for details about the Patient's usual GP (any such details, "Member Details");
- information you provide us when you request a consultation, including your name, your home address, the symptoms of the Patient and your financial details (any such details, "Consultation Details");
- information provided to a doctor during a consultation, including details of the Patient's medical history and current medical condition (any such details, "Medical Details");
- details of the transactions you carry out on MDC, including the amount paid by you;
- No details of the contact form submissions are stored in a database – just the email notifications that go to you guys.
MDC values your personal data as highly as your health. Any personal information you give us will remain confidential and will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998), as well as the incoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
MDC's website does not capture or store any of your personal information without your knowledge, except in the specific instances detailed below. The website does not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website, but merely logs general visitor data which is collected and used to improve and maintain the website for the visitors benefit.
Booking Medical Examinations
Any personal data that is supplied by a visitor, by means of completing a form on the website, is transferred securely to our web server and immediately transmitted to the members of staff responsible for administering or facilitating the booking. The data is only used for the purposes of administering the booking and facilitating the appointment; it is not passed to any external third parties without your consent. When this process has finished the emails are deleted and no data is stored.
MDC does not maintain a database of past Medical bookings.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)
The site has an SSL in place, ensuring data sent between visitors computers and the website is encrypted.
Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website that you are connected to. The 'S' at the end of HTTPS stands for 'Secure'. It means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted. This simply means that when you are using the site we are keeping it your data safe.